Benny Green SOURCE
Benny Green – piano
Peter Washington – bass
Kenny Washington – drums
Produced by: John Lee and Jimmy Heath
Executive Producer: Lisa Broderick
SOURCE. This is the first trio record I’ve made as a leader in 10 years. For a while, I just wasn't motivated to have a band. That changed for me in the winter of 2009 when my friend, the great guitarist Satoshi Inoue, brought Kenny, Peter, and myself to Japan as his rhythm section. After a wonderful short tour as a quartet, the three of us continued with some additional concerts. The chemistry was just great. We have similar backgrounds, and have all played, traveled and recorded together in various configurations for about 25 years now. Kenny and Peter are longstanding heroes. They keep me honest and inspire me to practice.
What I wanted this CD to be is a real and honest jazz record. We love this music. It is our lives and while it is a tremendous joy and a rejuvenating escape from the mundane, it is as well a responsibility to our parents and mentors and certainly to present
and future listeners who also love or in some instances would like to experience what jazz is for the first time.
- DownBeat Review: Antonio Hart 'BLESSINGS'
- Antonio Hart, 'Blessings CD' Standard - NYC / Dizzy Gillespie™ All Stars, Blue Note - NYC (Dizzy's Birthday)
- Jimmy Heath - DownBeat Cover / Feature
- Jimmy Heath Big Band TOGETHERNESS - Review JazzTimes
- Jimmy Heath Big Band at Blue Note - The New York Times
- Mark Gross BLACKSIDE - DownBeat Review
- Monty Alexander UPLIFT 2 - Sunday Times (London, UK(
- Winard Harper and Jeli Posse COEXIST - 4 STARS
- Michael Dease GRACE review by George Kanzler